Sunday, June 10, 2012

Is This Real Life?

So, I have finished my second week in Bend, and I cannot believe I will be here for another 8 weeks!! I know those weeks are going to fly by, but I also know they will be awesome, and I will have made so many memories. This week we did a lot, so lets get down to business!

Monday: We really started working in our ministry focus areas this week, and my first project was editing the curriculum for kinder through third grade. Let's just say it was a fun challenge, that I even got to see today in church when I worked in the 2nd grade class! After work we had a break and then had a dessert night at Brandon's house.

Here was my dessert! Yum!

After we had all gotten our dessert we sat around and told lots of hilarious stories; most of them revolved around poop. Anyways we had tons of laughs and just got to know one another a little bit better...

Tuesday: Today in the office I did an assortment of things, got the supplies needed for Sunday, updated the class rosters, worked on my first kids close up, and a couple other things Linda needed help with. That afternoon we started our pulse groups, which is a small group to "help up check our pulse" throughout the internship. It was nice to sit down with just a couple other people and talk through everything we have done so far. That evening was our first Meaningful Movie Night and we watched Hook. I had thought I had seen the movie, until we started watching when I realized I hadn't. It was a good movie and a point we were supposed to take away was, while yes we will grow up, we need to be a child at heart, having imagination, but not being immature. 

Wednesday: It was our first full off day so we all made each other promise we would sleep in; which of course was fine with me! I woke up around noon, made some food, then watched some tv, messed around on my computer, took a nap, went to Target and went on a run. It was probably one of the greatest days. It was nice to be lazy and not have an alarm set for once.

Thursday: We were back in the office, and I finished up my kids close up, and helped Linda with some Mission Kids stuff. After work some of us went and got food and then went to the Kilns Bookstore for an orientation so we can start volunteering there this week! I am working on Wednesdays and I am a little nervous. 

Friday: WE WENT WHITE WATER RAFTING!!!!!! We drove about an hour to get to Maupin, where YD Adventures is and went rafting with them. IT WAS AWESOME! I was nervous at first, but it was SO fun! I swam a rapid, and even rode on the front of our boat through a couple of rapids. The weather has been cold, rainy, cloudy, (Texas winter weather) all week but Friday when we put in the sun was out! Granted the air was still cold, and the water was freezing, so we wore wet suits. Sorry I don't have any pictures from Friday of us, but I found some of the area we were in so here you go:

This is what we rafted!

Surf City

Oak Springs: we did the far side

part of the float

This was probably one of the coolest things I've done! I'm also really glad I swam the rapid because when else will I get to swim a rapid in Oregon? 

Saturday: When I woke up Saturday I was pretty sore from rafting, but it was so worth it. Some of the interns were planning on going to a rodeo that night, so we had to figure out how everyone was getting there, when we were leaving, etc. So we figure it out and head out to the rodeo.

The Biggest Little Show

Outdoors + Windy = FREEZING

Love watching the sun set!

So the rodeo was at night, and it was super windy so we were freezing! Once it got dark, you could see our breath, but we were waiting for the bull riders! Even though it was freezing, we had a ton of fun going to the rodeo!

Sunday: This morning I decided I wanted to try Dutch Bros Coffee, which everyone up here seems to like. When I pulled up there were 2 guys working, and one asked how I was. So of course I said, "I'm good how are ya'll?" Which he responded with, "Did you bring any sweet tea?" Oh my gosh, best moment of someone catching my accent! Then to add to it he lived in Corpus for a year! How crazy! Needless to say, that has been one of my favorite accent catches, and the coffee was pretty dang good!


Well that pretty much covers this week! Brandon had us read through Genesis 1 and 3 and think about the character of God, and the one that really stuck out to me was that God is a loving God. He loved us from the beginning of time, he loves us today, and he will always love us. This really struck me after reading through Genesis 3 where after God punishes Satan, Adam and Eve, he makes them clothes, showing that he still loves and cares for them.

Have a great week ya'll!!





No comments:

Post a Comment