Monday, June 18, 2012

Trust.

This week my emotions got a little crazy, partially leading to my Zephyr Love. post. But also I was just missing getting to see my family during the summer. I know that when Im at Zephyr I don't see my family all the time, but at least I get to see them on most weekends. Plus this summer my brother is learning how to drive!! He is driving my car, well I guess his car now- my mom got a new car (well used...) so I get her car when I get back, meaning Drew gets my Altima. Not sure how I feel about any of this, but I wish I was home to help him. I think we are finally getting to the stage where we will start to be best friends, at least I hope so! But this is why it's making being so far away harder.

How is this kid old enough to drive!?

I am missing my bro.

Don't get me wrong and think that because I am missing my family, home and Zephyr that I am not loving Bend and this internship. Because as much as I am missing home, I am loving being in Bend. I think its all about growing up. I have been going to Zephyr since I was in 3rd grade, and then I have been on staff for the last 3 years. Zephyr is comfortable and has been a huge part of shaping me into who I am. I am so thankful for the staff of Zephyr and all the campers who came through the gates, but God called me to Bend this summer, so I followed. This week, while it has been tough, it has also been awesome in the desires/thoughts/etc. that God has placed in my heart. So lets get started!

Monday: I worked on Summer Swamp games and some Mission Kids stuff, including my first Kid Close-Up that actually got posted on the website on Friday! I am so excited for Summer Swamp and I cannot wait for it to get here!

Tuesday: I worked on curriculum, my Kid Close-Up and we had Pulse groups. I am loving getting to spend that time with a small group of girls and really just open up. Pulse group is a time for me to talk through all the things God has put in my mind, while listening to others who are going through the same thing, or just be able to encourage one another. 

Wednesday: I worked my first shift at the Kilns Bookstore and learned how to make a latte! Then after work we had a time of Solitude. It was really nice to get away, and just spend time with God. I went down to Drake Park and sat by the river. God told me to love his people in Bend this summer and to really be able to do that I have to really know what he means by love. So I am doing a word study on love this summer! I think I might have said something about this is my post last week, but I am really starting to see and understand that above all God is a God of love. 

Thursday: This day was kinda a crazy day because we started our internship fundraiser. We are working with C3 which is an event planning/organizing/something group in Bend. We are helping them out with 5 events this summer, and I believe this one was the biggest. So half the interns went to help in the morning and the other half helped in the afternoon. (Then you helped a second time on Friday or Saturday.) So I came to the office Thursday morning, and finished curriculum prep and my Kid Close-Up, then I went to Drake Park to finish setting up thousands of chairs for the OSU Bend campus' graduation. Basically my work day was from 9am- 8pm. It was almost like I was back at camp, almost. ha

Friday: Friday was a relaxing day, slept in some, did some laundry, and went to the store. RELAXING :)

Saturday: Two other interns and I had a baking/cooking day! They made oreo truffles and this awesome lunch, a spicy chicken wrap thing, and I made chocolate chip cookies! Delish! We then took a nap before having our second shift with C3. We cleaned up after the graduation. Then after we were done, we got dinner and headed up to the Butte to watch the sunset. The sun doesn't set till like 9:30 here, which I am still getting used to!

These may not be the greatest...

but it's just something you have to experience.

I will be watching many more from here!

Sunday: Richard Twist was the guest speaker, and I heard he was awesome! (I was working with precious 3-year-olds) So I, and I suggest you, will be watching his sermon and :Redux questions here when it gets loaded this week! Sunday evening he came and spoke at 20 Somethings so I got to hear him and he really challenged some thoughts I had. It was awesome and that is where I got, what God has taught me this week!

So here it is: Richard Twist showed this video of natives worshiping God, but doing it their way, dressed in their native attire. It was really powerful to watch. After he asked what we thought and this was my reflection: I want to bring all the cultures of America to the forefront. We don't have to leave America to experience others cultures. We, as Americans, have made it to where natives or even people from other countries, who live here cannot practice their culture. God says let every tribe, tongue and nation worship me. I want to see that come to be! Can it start with Mission Kids? Will it grow? Who will get on board?
This was my first thoughts. After talking to Linda it can start with Mission Kids! That is my goal for now! Who knows if that will be it or if it will go further. Only God knows!

This week God has told me to trust him. Trust him that I am here for a reason. Trust him that I will get time with my family. Trust him that my desires will be met. Trust is hard, but I will trust my God. Even the kids at Antioch are learning to trust God this summer. I will trust in the Lord with all my heart, because I know he loves me and has my best in mind!

Have a great week ya'll!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment